[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Question about Provider Attribute definitions

Mary Llewellyn mllewell at biblio.org
Wed Mar 16 13:33:36 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I'm still poking around in the Acquisitions module. The recent documentation
has been a big help, but I still have large gaps in my knowledge. The one
I'm focused on today has to do with the Provider Attribute Definitions tab
in Admin\Server Administration\Acquisitions\Providers. Would anyone tell me
how to define the attributes, and give me examples of what they've done?

The description in the documentation says, "Your vendor may include
information that is specific to your organization in MARC tags. You can
specify the types of information that should be entered in each MARC tag.
Enter attribute definitions to correlate MARC tags with the information that
they should contain in incoming vendor records. Some technical knowledge is
required to enter XPath information."

Does anyone have an example of what this means?

How does this work with the holdings tag, if it does?

"You may have entered a holdings tag when you created the provider profile.
You can also enter holdings subfields. Holdings subfields allow you to
specify subfields within the holdings tag to which your vendor adds holdings
information."

Thanks,

Mary

Mary Llewellyn