[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Evergreen Hashtag

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 15:41:01 EDT 2011

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 3:17 PM, Lori Bowen Ayre <lori.ayre at galecia.com>wrote:

> By my count, the vote is 5 for #evgils and 7 (8 if you count someone on
> twitter) for #egils as a preferred hashtag for Evergreen.
>
> Anyone else want to chime in or throw a wrench in the works?  Nothing is
> set in stone obviously since we have no way to actually make it official but
> to ensure we COULD use egils, I registered it at twubs.com.
>
> More opinions please!

I have almost always seen others shorten Evergreen to EG, with very few
exceptions (only one I can think of before this thread started).  The "v",
in the rare cases I've seen it use, has always put me off and caused a
mental stumble because if its rarity.  At least in the EG (heh) dev
community, "eg" has 6 years of history and precedent, so I'm strongly in
favor of that.

--miker

> Lori
>

> On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 11:55 AM, Deborah Lipoma <lipomad at santacruzpl.org>wrote:
>
>> I prefer #egils also.  In fact, I'm starting to abbreviate my referrals to
>> Evergreen as just EG.
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 5:08 PM, Michele Montague <mmontagu at grpl.org>wrote:
>>

>>> Another vote for #egils.  It's shortest and easier to say (for those of
>>> us who remember hashtags by their sound).
>>>
>>> On 3/16/2011 3:13 PM, Lori Bowen Ayre wrote:
>>>
>>> I like egils better than evgils.  evgils looks too much like
>>> evil....whereas egils makes me think more about equality and other lofty
>>> things.  And egils is short.  And it will go nicely with the egconf11

--
Mike Rylander