[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Evergreen Hashtag

Tim Daniels tim.daniels at lyrasis.org
Thu Mar 17 15:42:59 EDT 2011

I will throw in for #egils.

Tim

From: open-ils-general-bounces at list.georgialibraries.org [mailto:open-ils-general-bounces at list.georgialibraries.org] On Behalf Of Mike Rylander
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2011 3:41 PM
To: Evergreen Discussion Group
Subject: Re: [OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Evergreen Hashtag

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 3:17 PM, Lori Bowen Ayre <lori.ayre at galecia.com<mailto:lori.ayre at galecia.com>> wrote:
By my count, the vote is 5 for #evgils and 7 (8 if you count someone on twitter) for #egils as a preferred hashtag for Evergreen.

Anyone else want to chime in or throw a wrench in the works?  Nothing is set in stone obviously since we have no way to actually make it official but to ensure we COULD use egils, I registered it at twubs.com<http://twubs.com>.

More opinions please!

I have almost always seen others shorten Evergreen to EG, with very few exceptions (only one I can think of before this thread started).  The "v", in the rare cases I've seen it use, has always put me off and caused a mental stumble because if its rarity.  At least in the EG (heh) dev community, "eg" has 6 years of history and precedent, so I'm strongly in favor of that.

--miker

Lori