[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] libdbi

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Tue Mar 22 01:38:08 EDT 2011

Hi Michael:

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 7:21 AM, Michael Were <mwereh at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi good people iam trying to set up evergreen on a laptop for testing purposes
> thereafter i can deploy in a communtiy library iam encountering the below
> problems and i have been unable to hack them,kindly assist.

First... what version of OpenSRF and Evergreen?

Second... what Linux distribution?

> Problem 1
>
>  opensrf at localhost:/$ cd /openils/bin/
> opensrf at localhost:/openils/bin$ ./autogen.sh -c /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml
> -u
> Updating Evergreen organization tree and IDL using
> '/openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml'
>
> Updating fieldmapper
> Use of uninitialized value $@ in concatenation (.) or string at
> /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/OpenSRF/Transport/SlimJabber/Client.pm line 152.
> Exception: OpenSRF::EX::Jabber 2011-03-18T13:25:10
> OpenSRF::Transport::SlimJabber::Client
> /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/OpenSRF/Transport/SlimJabber/Client.pm:152 Jabber
> Exception: Could not authenticate with Jabber server:

This often means that you didn't fill in the username / password for
the 4 ejabberd accounts in /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml.

> Problem2
> Checking libdbi and libdbi-drivers
> libdbdpgsql.so was not found in /usr/local/libdbi/dbd/
>  We have found that system packages don't link against libdbi.so;
>  therefore, we strongly recommend compiling libdbi and libdbi-drivers from
> source.

Correct; this is, in fact, also what the install documentation and the
Makefile.install prerequisite installer attempt to do as well (at
least on Debian and Ubuntu; on Fedora the system packages work nicely)

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University