[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] RHEL support

John Morris jmorris at beau.org
Wed Mar 23 15:43:51 EDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-03-23 at 15:26 +0530, m3th0d . wrote:
> How to install EVERGREEN server on RHEL 5x machine , I am having
> following errors , (have tried some changes to makefile.install file)
>
> yum -yq install postgresql-8.4 postgresql-contrib-8.4
> postgresql-plperl-8.4 postgresql-server-dev-8.4
> This system is not registered with RHN.
> RHN support will be disabled.
> Setting up Install Process
> Parsing package install arguments
> No package postgresql-8.4 available.
> No package postgresql-contrib-8.4 available.
> No package postgresql-plperl-8.4 available.
> No package postgresql-server-dev-8.4 available.
> Nothing to do

Read the error output, it is telling you what is wrong.  You have an
RHEL machine that hasn't been registered yet so you can't download
anything from RHN.  While you could locate the required packages on the
install media and manually install them with RPM your better course is
to locate your paperwork and find the info to get the server registered
with Red Hat so you can get security updates.

If you don't have a spare authorization for RHEL you can try a rebuild
such as Centos while you are in your predeployment phase.