[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] ***SPAM*** A holdings-sort question and a holds question

Melissa Belvadi mbelvadi at upei.ca
Sun Mar 27 08:18:43 EDT 2011

Hello, all.

First I should note for those who know us at UPEI and haven't heard
yet, Grant Johnson has left us for a very nice position working for the
PEI provincial government. So we might ask an occasional newbie question
here now.

Holdings question:
We're on 1.6.0.4, planning to go to 2.0 this summer.
We've modified our holdings list on full bibs to be one line per item,
like Michigan's.
We'd like the holdings list on the full bib record display to sort by
due date, most recent first (with "available"/no due date at the top).

Is this possible in 1.6?
If not, is it possible in 2.0?

Holds question:
Is it possible to set the hold expire time for one specific item (or a
specific location) to a different period than the rest of the
collection?
If so, where do we set it?
Our normal hold period is a week, but we want to start circulating some
kindles and only want them to sit on the holdshelf at most 2 days before
moving to the next person in the hold queue. We have created a separate
asset.copy.location for the kindles, if that helps.

I should also mention that our current configuration for most things is
pretty legacy, in that any circ settings that were not in the database
(but are in flat config files on the server) in 1.2 have not been
migrated to the database yet. So for instance, when I go in the SC to
Admin - Local Admin - Hold Policies, I see nothing there.

Thanks for any help you can give!

---
Melissa Belvadi
Emerging Technologies & Metadata Librarian
University of Prince Edward Island
mbelvadi at upei.ca
902-566-0581