[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Choosing KOHA or Evergreen for OSILS

Nicole Engard nengard at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 08:38:15 EDT 2011

Edward,

I'm probably not considered un-biased but I like to tell my open
source students to demo them both and even install them (if you can)
and try them out. In the end you should decide based on which system
does things the way you like to do things and which appears to run the
way you hope it will run.  And of course you also want to talk to
people using the software in a production environment (which is what I
assume you're doing here).

One speaker I heard once said that many software applications let you
take them for a test drive, but with open source you can drive it
cross country and further if you want before you decide to 'buy.'

Nicole C. Engard
Koha Documentation Manager
Director of Open Source Education, ByWater Solutions