[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Choosing KOHA or Evergreen for OSILS

Rogan Hamby rhamby at statelibrary.sc.gov
Tue Mar 29 08:56:27 EDT 2011

Edward,

I'm not sure anyone in the Koha or Evergreen communities is truly unbiased.  The very nature of open source means that the community benefits from it growing.  With that said, I think most people in both communities are self aware and rationale in their biases and you'd get people glad to discuss the pros and cons from their perspectives of both projects and why they made the decisions they did.

Rogan Hamby
Information Technology Director
South Carolina State Library
1500 Senate St., Columbia SC 29211
803.734.8651 | Fax 803.734.4757

www.statelibrary.sc.gov

The South Carolina State Library is a national model for innovation, collaboration, leadership and effectiveness. It is the keystone in South Carolina's intellectual landscape.