[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Import MARC for Overdrive (Electronic resource) records

Jason Stephenson jstephenson at mvlc.org
Mon May 2 14:50:28 EDT 2011

Quoting Vicki Reeves <vickir at beau.org>:

> I've been told that we can set some attribute of the bib record so that
> it will always show in the OPAC but I can't find anywhere to set it so
> that might be in version 2.x

You can only set that in the database with a SQL query. You want to
set the transcendant [sic] field to true for any sources in
config.bib_source table that you want to display bib records in the
OPAC without copies attached.

Something like

update config.bib_source
set transcendant = TRUE
where id = ?

works. You'll want to replace the ? with the id number of the source
you want to set.

As for modifying the MARC fields during import, I'm a bit of a newbie
at using the batch import feature, so I don't feel comfortable trying
to field that question.

Jason Stephenson
MVLC