[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Import MARC for Overdrive (Electronic resource) records

Vicki Reeves vickir at beau.org
Mon May 2 14:21:31 EDT 2011

We are a new single planting currently running 1.6.0.8.  We want to add
MARC records for our electronic resource records which are mostly
Overdrive and Gutenberg (we are a mirror site).

The records I have will upload from the Import MARC feature but will
only show in the OPAC if I add subfield 9 to to the existing 856 field
and set that value to BPL.

Looking at the documentation, I should be able to make a holdings import
profile which would add this subfield & value.  But I don't understand
what I should put into the profile which would add this to the MARC
records when they are imported.  Does anyone have an example profile or
know of an 'Import for Dummies' manual I could use?

I've been told that we can set some attribute of the bib record so that
it will always show in the OPAC but I can't find anywhere to set it so
that might be in version 2.x

Thank you.