[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Holds problem

Mary Toma headlib at scrlibrary.mb.ca
Wed May 4 11:37:04 EDT 2011

When patrons place a hold through the Opac the program defaults to a title
hold.  That makes sense to me but . here is our problem and I am wondering
if we have a settings issue.  The hold is put on the first title that
becomes available within the consortium, no matter where it is, even if the
patron's home branch owns a copy.  Here's what we would like to happen - the
hold first goes to the patron home branch if a copy is available; if the
home branch doesn't own a copy then the program looks for an available copy
in our regional library.  If a copy is not found within our region only then
would the request go out to the consortium.

Please note new email address:  headlib at scrlibrary.mb.ca

Mary Toma
South Central Regional Library
160 Main Street