[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Request for installation help

John H gadgetfan.john at googlemail.com
Sun May 8 14:39:20 EDT 2011

Further info: I remember checking the following yesterday as in the
installation instructions

/openils/bin/srfsh

srfsh% login <admin-user> <admin-pass>

This worked then - that is, I saw the expected output, "Received data" etc.
I've just retried it and, frustratingly, it failed - I got the srfsh prompt,
but attempting to log in I got "Received no data from server".

I'm not aware of changing anything since then except bypassing the security
certificate on the client, so I'm starting to pull out my hair, wondering
whether I'll ever get Evergreen to work.

Would this depend on which user is logged in when I run srfsh? I can get the
srfsh prompt as myself (user name jh) but, if I switch to root, I get "No
config file found at /root/.srfsh.xml"

As suggested in the instruction, I tried running the settings tester and got
the following output. I can't make much sense of this: I see that there's a
reference to the postgres user password but can't find any reference to this
in the installation instructions.

opensrf at RenforthU:~/Evergreen-ILS-2.0.6/Open-ILS/src/support-scripts$
./setting
s-tester.pl
LWP::UserAgent version 5.834
XML::LibXML version 1.70
XML::LibXML::XPathContext version 1.70
XML::LibXSLT version 1.70
Net::Server::PreFork version 0.97
Cache::Memcached version 1.28
Class::DBI version 3.0.17
Class::DBI::AbstractSearch version 0.07
Template version 2.20
DBD::Pg version 2.16.1
Net::Z3950::ZOOM version 1.25
MARC::Record version 2.0.3
MARC::Charset version 1.1
MARC::File::XML version 0.93
Text::Aspell version 0.04
CGI version 3.43
DateTime::TimeZone version 1.10
DateTime version 0.52
DateTime::Format::ISO8601 version 0.06
DateTime::Format::Mail version 0.3001
Unix::Syslog version 1.1
GD::Graph3d version 0.63
JavaScript::SpiderMonkey version 0.20
Log::Log4perl version 1.26
Email::Send version 2.198
Text::CSV version 1.16
Text::CSV_XS version 0.70
Spreadsheet::WriteExcel::Big version 2.36
Tie::IxHash version 1.21
Parse::RecDescent version 1.963
SRU version 0.99
JSON::XS version 2.3

Checking Jabber connection for user opensrf, domain private.localhost
* Jabber successfully connected

Checking Jabber connection for user opensrf, domain public.localhost
* Jabber successfully connected

Checking Jabber connection for user router, domain public.localhost
* Jabber successfully connected

Checking Jabber connection for user router, domain private.localhost
* Jabber successfully connected

Checking database connections
* /opensrf/default/reporter/setup :: Successfully connected to database
dbi:Pg:d
bname=evergreen;host=localhost;port=5432
  * Database has the expected server encoding UTF8.
* /opensrf/default/apps/open-ils.storage/app_settings/databases ::
Successfully
connected to database dbi:Pg:dbname=evergreen;host=localhost;port=5432
  * Database has the expected server encoding UTF8.
* /opensrf/default/apps/open-ils.cstore/app_settings :: Successfully
connected t
o database dbi:Pg:dbname=evergreen;host=localhost;port=5432
  * Database has the expected server encoding UTF8.
* /opensrf/default/apps/open-ils.pcrud/app_settings :: Successfully
connected to
 database dbi:Pg:dbname=evergreen;host=localhost;port=5432
  * Database has the expected server encoding UTF8.
DBI connect('dbname=evergreen;host=localhost;port=5432','postgres',...)
failed:
FATAL:  password authentication failed for user "postgres"
FATAL:  password authentication failed for user "postgres" at
./settings-tester.
pl line 235
* /opensrf/default/apps/open-ils.qstore/app_settings :: Unable to connect to
dat
abase dbi:Pg:dbname=evergreen;host=localhost;port=5432, user=postgres,
password=
postgres
* /opensrf/default/apps/open-ils.reporter-store/app_settings :: Successfully
con
nected to database dbi:Pg:dbname=evergreen;host=localhost;port=5432
  * Database has the expected server encoding UTF8.

Checking database drivers to ensure <driver> matches <language>
* ERROR: Unknown driver SIP in /opensrf/default/notifications/telephony
* ERROR: Unknown driver SIP in /opensrf/default/notifications/telephony
* OK: Pg language is undefined for reporter base configuration
* OK: Pg language is undefined for reporter base configuration
* OK: Pg language is perl in /opensrf/default/apps/open-ils.storage/language
* OK: pgsql language is C in /opensrf/default/apps/open-ils.cstore/language
* OK: pgsql language is C in /opensrf/default/apps/open-ils.pcrud/language
* OK: pgsql language is C in /opensrf/default/apps/open-ils.qstore/language
* OK: pgsql language is C in
/opensrf/default/apps/open-ils.reporter-store/langu
age

Checking libdbi and libdbi-drivers
  * OK - found locally installed libdbi.so and libdbdpgsql.so in shared
library
path

Checking hostname
 * OK: found hostname 'localhost' in <hosts> section of opensrf.xml
opensrf at RenforthU:~/Evergreen-ILS-2.0.6/Open-ILS/src/support-scripts$