[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Staff Client username and password

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Wed May 11 10:28:05 EDT 2011

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 4:12 PM, Erwin Mesa <emesa at gwinnettpl.org> wrote:
> Hi all, I just finished installing evergreen 2.0.6  in my test server and it seems that everything works fine, except that when I try to run the staff client and enter the username as “admin” and password as “open-ils” that’s according to the documentation. All I get was a login failed message. The hostname, status, and version are all “ok”.  So what will be the correct username and password for the staff client? Please help, thank you!

Hi Erwin, there's a line in the install instructions for perl
Open-ILS/src/support-scripts/eg_db_config.pl which includes options
for setting the default username and password.  These are --admin-user
<admin-user> --admin-pass <admin-pass>

If you set had set these to admin and open-ils during that step and
it's still not working, I would next try to login with srfsh on the
command line on the server.  This is described in the section labelled
"Testing connections to Evergreen".  Whether this works or not, the
information can help us get further along in figuring out what's
happening.  Let us know!

--
Jason Etheridge