[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] authority records management question

Gordana Vitez gvitez at niagaracollege.ca
Mon May 16 10:18:30 EDT 2011

Hi Dan and Robert,

Niagara Evergreen Consortium is also experiencing problems with our
authorities. It's not a performance issue for us. We're just not working
at all. Records have been re-ingested post-2.0.2 upgrade and authorities
were working for a little while...until last Thursday. I've posted
particulars to launchpad...should I post them anywhere else?

Thanks!
Gordana

Gordana Vitez
Library Services & Systems Coordinator
Niagara College Libraries
Welland Campus
300 Woodlawn Rd
Welland Ontario
L3C 7L3
Phone: (905) 735 2211 ext 7404
Fax: (905) 736 6021
gvitez at niagaracollege.ca

>>> "Soulliere, Robert" <robert.soulliere at mohawkcollege.ca> 16/05/2011
10:10 am >>>
Thanks, Dan,

I created a bug  report as you suggested. I was reluctant to do so
since I was starting with the assumption that it was a local data issue
and not a bug. I was hoping to get a few authority data munging tips I
could try before reporting it as a bug.

In regards to finding the French records or records with a catalogue
language setting, this query (provided by Mark Bucholtz) worked for us:

select * from authority.full_rec where tag = '040' and subfield = 'b'
and value = 'fre';

I am not sure if this works for every catalogue since it requires the
use of the 040 tag, but it might be another option for some.

Regards,
Robert

Robert Soulliere, BA (Hons), MLIS
Systems Librarian