[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Path error

"Ing. Fabian Núñez Salcedo" coordinacionsistemas at coruniamericana.edu.co
Mon May 23 16:48:36 EDT 2011

Hello friends, I return again to install the Evergreen library with
PostgreSQL

*As the postgres user on your PostgreSQL server, create the Evergreen
database.

     Issue the following commands on your PostgreSQL server, adjusting
the path for the contrib repository to match your PostgreSQL server
layout. For example, if you built PostgreSQL from source following the
cheat sheet, the contrib directory will be located at
/usr/local/share/contrib; if you installed the PostgreSQL 8.4 server
packages on Debian Squeeze, the contrib directory will be at
/usr/share/postgresql/8.4/contrib/.

*

   1. *createdb -T template0 --lc-ctype=C --lc-collate=C -E UNICODE
      evergreen*
   2. *createlang plperl   evergreen*
   3. *createlang plperlu  evergreen*
   4. *createlang plpgsql  evergreen*
   5. *psql -f /usr/share/postgresql/8.4/contrib/tablefunc.sql evergreen*
   6. *psql -f /usr/share/postgresql/8.4/contrib/tsearch2.sql  evergreen*
   7. *psql -f /usr/share/postgresql/8.4/contrib/pgxml.sql     evergreen*

Now I can run the first line after having installed portgresql from the
Ubuntu repositories but now I get the following error when executing the
second line: *createlang plperl evergreen*. I already installed the
packages:

    * postgresql-contrib
    * postgresql-contrib-8.4

But i do not know how to adjust the path, as indicated. The error is as
follows

*postgres at ubuntu:/usr/share/**postgresql/8.4/contrib$ createlang
plperl   evergreen
createlang: fall la instalacin del lenguaje:
ERROR: could not access the file $libdir/plperl: No such file or directory
postgres at ubuntu:/usr/share/**postgresql/8.4/contrib$ *

--
Coordialmente,

Ing. Fabian Núñez Salcedo
Coordinador de Sistemas de Información