[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Removing z39.50 servers

Ben Shum bshum at biblio.org
Tue May 24 07:51:34 EDT 2011

Hi Tim,

Sounds like you did all the right things to me so far.

I once saw this happen with several of our workstations at the office.  The z39.50 server listing gets stuck on the staff client side and requires a cache clearing in order to have the list properly reflect reality.

Try clearing your cache (Admin --> For Developers --> Clear Cache), and see if that helps.

-- Ben

On May 24, 2011, at 7:47 AM, Tim Spindler wrote:

> I have tried a couple things but none have seemed to work and I was wondering if someone could advise.  We want to have it set up so OCLC is the only target for z39.50.  I have gone to server admin>>z39.50 and tried to delete a server and nothing happens (with the "everything" permission).  I then went to the tables and removed the appropriate rows in config.z3950_source and config.z3950_attr but with no effect.  I also  removed the lines in the opensrf.xml file for biblios and lc but it seems to have had no effect (and restarted server).
>
> --
> Tim Spindler
> tjspindler at gmail.com
>
> P   Go Green - Save a tree! Please don't print this e-mail unless it's really necessary.

Benjamin Shum
Open Source Software Coordinator
Bibliomation, Inc.
32 Crest Road