[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Migrartion of Horizon to Evergreen

Yamil Suarez ysuarez at berklee.edu
Thu May 26 17:26:37 EDT 2011

Erwin,

I would be interested in that type of Horizon to Evergreen migration
information myself, but I do not think that there currently is a
public collection of Horizon specific migration information. I believe
that there are at least a dozen libraries, if not more, that have
moved from Horizon to Evergreen in the last couple of years and they
seemed to have either hired consultants like Alpha-G or Equinox
Software to migrate them, or they customized existing Evergreen
utilities and/or workflows to migrate their Horizon data themselves.
The problem with customized tools is that they are not usually
designed to be easily used at another Horizon library without heaving
re-customizations.

In the official Evergreen documentation for version 2.0 (see links
below) there are draft explanations on how to import MARC catalog data
and flat file patron lists. This is the type of data that you can
easily export from Horizon by using for example marcout.exe and with
SQL queries off of your borrower tables. What I have not seen *yet* is
explanations on how to migrate Horizon circulation parameters and
patrons fines and circulation history. Though for now I would hire a
consultant or vendor to help me with that, since they have been payed
to do it for other libraries before.

Note, that others on the list my respond with corrections to my
previous statements.

Good luck,
Yamil

http://docs.evergreen-ils.org/2.0/draft/html/	- draft HTML version
http://docs.evergreen-ils.org/2.0/draft/html/migratingdata.html

http://docs.evergreen-ils.org/2.0/draft/pdf/
Evergreen_Documentation.pdf	- draft PDF version

On May 20, 2011, at 10:57 AM, open-ils-general-request at list.georgialibraries.org