[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] subscription summary screen

David Fiander david at fiander.info
Fri May 27 08:29:10 EDT 2011

Your first example, "Dwell", is odd. It should be compressed down to

v. 3 no. 8 (Sep 2003), v. 3 no. 9 (Oct 2003) missing, v. 4 no. 2 (Nov/Dec
2003) -  v. 5 no. 5 (Apr/May 2005), v. 5 no. 6 (Jun 2005) missing, v. 5 no.
7 (Jul/Aug 2005) - v. 6 no. 5 (May 2006), v. 6 no. 6 (Jun 2006) missing, v.
6 no. 7 (July 2006) -  v. 10 no. 10 (October 2010), v. 11 no. 1 (November
2010) - v. 11 no. 6 (May 2011)

at least. Without seeing the MFHD statements for this journal, I can't tell
if there's a problem with the display code, or if that's just what was
migrated from the old catalogue.

Are the issues marked as "missing" issues that you might have received in
the past but are now gone, or did you never have them? Either way, if you
have given up on them, you could remove the missing issues, simplifying
again to a list that describes just what you have:

v. 3 no. 8 (Sep 2003), v. 4 no. 2 (Nov/Dec 2003) -  v. 5 no. 5 (Apr/May
2005), v. 5 no. 7 (Jul/Aug 2005) - v. 6 no. 5 (May 2006), v. 6 no. 7 (July
2006) -  v. 10 no. 10 (October 2010), v. 11 no. 1 (November 2010) - v. 11
no. 6 (May 2011)

Unfortunately, the NISO standard for displaying serials holdings is VERY
detailed and requires close reading to figure out if the particular issue
you want is available or not. On the plus side, at least it's possible to
tell from the catalogue holdings statement whether it's worth going to the
stacks or not. MPOW uses an older standard, which only indicates that a
volume in incomplete, so one doesn't know if the issue one wants is
available without actually going into the stacks.