[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Covers and ISBNs

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Tue Nov 1 15:05:21 EDT 2011

On Fri, Oct 07, 2011 at 03:57:47PM +0100, Ian Bays wrote:
> Hi Gordona,
> (dev list copied in case we need to submit a patch) - I have just
> seen Dan's latest post so will contribute it properly:-)

Thanks Ian. I've committed a variant of your patch to master through
rel_2_0 so it will appear in the next maintenance releases of Evergreen.

Note that the in-the-wild placement of Amazon IDs in the 020 a
field/subfield (defined as the ISBN location) was a bit of a surprise to
me - it's a workaround to get cover art to show up for entities without
an ISBN, I guess, but it tells me that we need to refactor our added
content layer to support other kinds of identifiers rather than to
encourage further metadata abuse of this nature... (Paging Jeff!)