[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Evergreen documentation

Sally Fortin sfortin at esilibrary.com
Thu Nov 3 15:54:11 EDT 2011

Friends and Colleagues,

Many in the Evergreen community have expressed a desire for more
documentation describing new features in Evergreen.  Others have
requested that those who write documentation produce it in more formats,
including asciidoc.  ESI trainers and developers have been thinking
about how to help the Evergreen community meet its documentation needs
and, to that end, are making some changes to the way that we produce
documentation.

In every new development contract, the cost is inclusive of basic end
user documentation, written by our trainers, that will be released to
the Evergreen community.  If possible, we will release documentation in
advance of the scheduled software release.  We will publish the
documentation on the ESI website in both asciidoc and HTML formats to
make new documentation accessible to the community.  Community members
or DIG members can adapt the documentation to community or local needs
in accordance with the CC-BY-NC-SA license that is listed on each
document.  Finally, we'll make an announcement to the community every
time new documentation is available for download.  You can also check
our blog or website for updates on documentation.

We have started this project by posting documentation for many of the
new features that developers have introduced into the current 2.1
release and the forthcoming 2.2 release.

To access documentation, point your browser to:

http://www.esilibrary.com/esi/availableDocs.php

Or, point your browser to www.esilibrary.com

Click "Services."

Click "Training."

Click the "Documentation" link.

Click on a link to access the asciidoc or HTML versions of the file.

We're always trying to find ways to contribute to the documentation
interests of the Evergreen community.  Please continue to let us know
how we can contribute to Evergreen documentation!

Thanks,
Sally

--
Sally Fortin