[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] ***SPAM*** Another serials question

Mary Llewellyn mllewell at biblio.org
Fri Nov 11 12:17:00 EST 2011

Hi all,

When you want to receive an issue without creating a "unit"/item, it appears
to me that you have to use Serials Batch Receive, and cannot do it in the
Serials Control View. Is this correct? If I try to receive an issue there,
and it has no assigned Receive Unit Template, I get an error message:

FIXME:  If you encounter this alert, please inform your IT/ILS helpdesk
staff or your friendly Evergreen developers.

Fri Nov 11 2011 12:13:02 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

cmd_receive_items failed!

SERIAL_DISTRIBUTION_HAS_NO_COPY_TEMPLATE
Units cannot be created for the given item because its associated
distribution does not have a copy template.

And if I did assign a receive unit template, but don't want items created, I
don't see an option like that as I do in Serials Batch Receive. I'm kind of
forced to create an item, even if I don't supply a barcode or call number.

Bug or feature?

Thanks,

Mary

Mary Llewellyn