[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Staff client

John Hudson gadgetfan.john at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 12:01:17 EST 2011

Jason Etheridge <jason at ...> writes:

> On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 4:59 PM, m3th0d . <m3th0d.itbhu at ...> wrote:
> > while registering my WorkStation name I am getting the error
> > TypeError: g.my_libs_tree is null
>
> This is with the stock admin user?  If not, do they have a working
> location defined in the user perm editor?  Have you modified the
> organization hierarchy at all?  Have you ran /openils/bin/autogen.sh
> as user opensrf?
>
> That last one is my guess at what is needed.  If you figure it out,
> please us know, so we can document this in a FAQ and/or tweak the code
> to give a more useful error message.
>
> I'd also check the logs in /openils/var/log/ for any line containing [ERR

I'm getting the same error immediately after installation, with Evergreen and
Staff Client versions 2.1.0. I've rerun /openils/bin/autogen.sh as the user
opensrf and restarted Apache (I'd already done that as per the instructions)
with no change (i.e. still getting the same error at the stage described
above).

I can't see any errors in gateway.log but spotted the following errors in
another log. I tried to run /openils/bin/cache-generator.sh -u
as suggested in another thread but that script doesn't seem to be in my
installation at all. Any thoughts?

root at OhSeven:/openils/var/log# pg open-ils.actor_stderr.log
Use of uninitialized value $p[0] in join or string
at /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/OpenSRF/Application.pm line 130.
Use of uninitialized value $p[0] in join or string
at /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/OpenSRF/Application.pm line 130.
Use of uninitialized value $p[0] in join or string
at /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/OpenSRF/Application.pm line 130.

Thanks.