[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Brand new to open ILS- questions

Lori Bowen Ayre lori.ayre at galecia.com
Tue Nov 15 13:56:47 EST 2011

Cathy,

Evergreen (the server side) runs on Linux.  The client software runs on
Windows 7 just fine.  Not sure if the server side is of concern to you.
 You can, of course, contract with a vendor to host the server (which might
be a good idea for you anyway).

FYI, you may also want to look at Koha (koha-community.org).  It also runs
on Linux (server side) but there is no client software.  It is 100% browser
based.

Lori

Lori Bowen Ayre //
Library Technology Consultant / The Galecia Group
Oversight Board & Communications Committee / Evergreen
(707) 763-6869 // Lori.Ayre at galecia.com

<Lori.Ayre at galecia.com>Specializing in open source ILS solutions, RFID,
filtering,
workflow optimization, and materials handling