[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Brand new to open ILS- questions

Pierce, Cathy cpierce at militaryschool.com
Tue Nov 15 13:50:27 EST 2011

Hello,

I am trying to figure out if open ILS will work for my small private school library, but I am completely new to the concept and I'm not a tech expert, so I'm hoping someone out there can give me some advice.

I have only recently learned that open ILS exists, and just last week found out that my current library software will probably not be compatible with the upgrade to Windows 7 that my school is working on completing by the end of the year.

We no longer have an IT person on staff, so I'm not sure of what questions I need to ask in order to determine whether I should attempt to convert to something like Evergreen, or if I should just stick with an off the shelf product.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Sincerely,

Cathy Pierce