[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Adding stock items in Evergreen 2.1.0

John H gadgetfan.john at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 19 10:56:33 EST 2011

After several attempts to install, I've finally managed to get
Evergreen (2.1) up and running at a basic level. However, I have lots
of questions that don't seem to be answered in the Evergreen 2.0 draft
documentation or the Evergreen 1,6 final documentation. I'm running
Evergreen as a test system without any "real" ordering or
acquisitions.

I've managed to enter a few entries manually by using Cataloguing |
Add New MARC Record, clicking on the K book template and ticking Fast
Item Add, which allows me to type a class number and item barcode.
However, this seems a bit cumbersome - is there a shortcut that will
load the standard template automatically (there seems to be only one)?

What is more problematic is that I've managed to add some entries
without copies and can't seem to find these in searches, other than by
guessing the TCN. Is there a route to the work records that I've added
accidentally without any copies, or a "browse" screen for copy-less
works?

I can see an "Add volumes" command but can't work out from the
documentation how to locate a work with no copies (ideally by author
or title) and then add copies. Equally, I can't see an option in the
staff client to edit a MARC work record to add missing fields, or to
change copy locations. Is all this covered in some documentation that
I've missed?

Thanks

--
John Hudson