[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Adding stock items in Evergreen 2.1.0

John Hudson gadgetfan.john at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 11:24:34 EST 2011

Thanks for your message and the hints.

Tara Robertson <information.detective at ...> writes:

> > What is more problematic is that I've managed to add some entries
> > without copies and can't seem to find these in searches, other than by
> > guessing the TCN. Is there a route to the work records that I've added
> > accidentally without any copies, or a "browse" screen for copy-less
> > works?
>
> I'm assuming you mean an OPAC search. If there's no holdings
> (associated volume and item records) the title won't be found in the
> OPAC, but it will still be searchable in the staff client.

The odd thing is that I can find titles for which I've added barcodes in the
OPAC search (via the web browser), but the same titles don't show at all in
the staff client. In fact, searches from my staff client don't seem to work at
all. If I click Search | Search the catalogue, fill in "Title contains" and a
title that I've just found in the web OPAC and click either of the two buttons
(an odd interface feature) marked "Submit search", nothing happens. The form
remains on the screen, apparently refusing to accept my input. In the "Search
Filters" to the right, the list box tagged "Item Form" is completely blank -
is that significant?

--
John H, Gateshead, UK