[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] cataloguing e-resources/e-books without a barcode

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Mon Nov 21 16:43:47 EST 2011

On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 04:15:22PM -0500, Gordana Vitez wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I've tried searching the mail archive but I don't think I'm using the right keywords to come up with the info I need.
>
> We're trying to add e-resources to our collection...things like gov docs that are only available online now...and right now, we're giving these items autogenerated or negative barcodes.
>
> Is there a way to make these items visible in the opac without having to give fake barcodes?

"Located URIs" might be what you're thinking of:
http://docs.evergreen-ils.org/1.6/draft/html/electronicresourcesvisible.html
These let you scope the visibility of the e-resource to a particular
library or set of libraries.

Alternately, you can make the bib records transcendant if they should be
visible to all libraries in your consortium:
http://docs.evergreen-ils.org/2.0/draft/html/electronicresourcesvisible.html

(Curiously the 2.0 docs document the older method - transcendance -
whereas the 1.6 docs document the newer method - located URIs)