[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Print Management

Paul Bartell paul.bartell at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 19:24:48 EST 2011

Short answer: no.

At my current university, it charges to student/staff husky debit accounts.
At the community college I was at, printing was totally separate from any
other accounts and money was put into the system using value add stations.
In both cases, it wasn't integrated with an ILS.

I think the product used it called pharos uniprint, but from what i
remember (doing some limited budgeting), it was relatively expensive for
counting the number of pages people print and charging them accordingly.
I'm sure there are contractors that would do integration with evergreen if
pharos hasn't already, but it would probably cost quite a bit.

I was looking at a similar solution for a local school district quite a few
years ago and didn't find anything open source that was really at all
mature, to the point where i started writing one, but never finished it.