[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] fine generator

Jesse Ephraim JEphraim at roanoketexas.com
Tue Nov 22 16:17:50 EST 2011

(We are running Evergreen 2.0.9 on Ubuntu 10.04)

We have been having multiple issues with our fine generator.  Sometimes it locks up, and sometimes multiple instances try to start (we have it locked down to only one instance).  Right now the OpenSRF crontab is set to run it every 31 minutes.

How much more efficient (or less error-prone) are action triggers?  If we set an action trigger to run when an item is checked in, would it pass item-specific variables to fine_generator.pl so it will only run it on that one item?

On a related note, does anyone use any monitoring software to notify you when key processes hang up or stop?

Thanks much!

Jesse Ephraim

Director, Roanoke Public Library
308 S. Walnut