[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] newbie evergreen server build - en-GB

John Hudson gadgetfan.john at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 14:17:13 EST 2011

Jonathan Field <jonathan.field at ...> writes:

> I don't normally have a problem installing the en-GB. This is what I do.
>
> In psql,
>
> evergreen=# SELECT code, marc_code, name, description FROM
> config.i18n_locale;
>
> If your language is NOT there, then you need to add it
>
> evergreen=# INSERT INTO config.i18n_locale (code, marc_code, name,
> description) VALUES ('en-GB', 'eng', 'English (British)', 'British
> English');
>
> psql -h localhost -U evergreen -f
> Open-ILS/src/sql/Pg/950.DATA.seed-values-en-GB.sql

Thanks - that's great advice. The first step of inserting a value in
config.i18n_locale wasn't there at all in the instruction I read, which
implied that all that was needed was to run 950.DATA.seed-values-en-GB.sql. I
got "Access denied" when I first tried to run it (strange, as I didn't see
that error last time) but typing chmod +x 950* as root seemed to fix that.

I still got one or two errors from the sql script but not the huge stream I
got before, and my searches are now working when I set the locale to GB.

--
John H