[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Course Reserves

Cynthia Williamson crwbookgirl at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 16:37:31 EST 2011

Hi Thomas:

See this post written by Dan Scott in September:
http://coffeecode.net/archives/250-Current-state-of-academic-reserves-support-for-Evergreen.html

At Mohawk we just add Reserves information to the 508 field in the marc
record and change circ modifiers and shelving locations. Circ staff keep a
spreadsheet for housekeeping purposes, not too onerous to maintain.

Here is an example of a list of Course Reserves for one of our instructors,
you can check the marc records to see what we've done:

http://libcat.mohawkcollege.ca/opac/en-CA/skin/default/xml/rresult.xml?rt=keyword&tp=keyword&t=labella%20reserves&ft=&l=1&d=0&f=

In a world with more time and staff resources, we'd add these lists to a
web page or libguide to provide better findability for students but we know
that the vast majority of time that they come to the circ desk to ask about
items on Reserve for their courses rather than searching on their own so
this hasn't been a big priority for us.
Feel free to contact me off list if you have more questions.

Cheers, Cynthia
Mohawk College Library

--
"Age is something that does not matter