[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Course Reserves

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Mon Nov 28 16:49:57 EST 2011

Hi Tom,

Dan Scott recently wrote a blog post on the current state of academic
reserves support in Evergreen at
http://coffeecode.net/archives/250-Current-state-of-academic-reserves-suppor
t-for-Evergreen.html.

I can't speak to the first approach Dan mentions, but two MassLNC consortia
have been working quite a bit with Syrup. Neither of our consortia are live
on Syrup yet, but some of our libraries should be using it in a couple of
months. We've set up our test Syrup instances to integrate with Evergreen so
that we can scan item barcodes to add titles to a course reserves list;
update parameters (circ modifiers, copy locations, call numbers) from Syrup;
and allow users to log into Syrup with their Evergreen logins.

Art Rhyno from the University of Windsor, one of the co-developers of Syrup,
has been very helpful in getting us going with Syrup. Feel free to contact
me if you have any questions about what we've done.

Kathy Lussier

Kathy Lussier
Project Coordinator
(508) 755-3721 (fax)