[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Seperate Servers for OPAC and ILS?

Stephen Wills swills at beyond-print.com
Mon Nov 28 17:09:55 EST 2011

Hi Tom,

Evergreen lends itself well to being scaled to multi servers using
"the Brick" technique.

I am not the expert in this deployment but we currently have a server
that runs the OPAC and answers the staff client.  This server talks to
a separate database server that handle the actual catalog, and
database functions.

Many installations go even farther.   The needs of your library or
consortium will dictate how much provisioning you will need to do.

In short, Evergreen is designed "out of the box" to be deploy on
multiple servers.

Steve Wills