[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] What is the best OS for installing Evergreen-ILS?

Jason Stephenson jstephenson at mvlc.org
Tue Nov 29 08:37:40 EST 2011

Wolf,

Debian is a good choice as are Ubuntu and Fedora. These are three most
popular distros among the developer community, so you'll get the most
help in IRC with these. There are also make targets for installing
prerequisites on these distros, so the installation will be easier
with those three.

On Ubuntu, Lucid Lynx (10.04), is the only one "supported" at the
moment. We're sticking with LTS releases for Ubuntu. When 12.04 is
released, we'll begin working out any kicks on that release.

Bill Erickson has started some work getting Evergreen to install on
FreeBSD. I intend to test that and expand on his work, but haven't
gotten time to do it, yet. You can read Bill's instructions here:

http://yeti.esilibrary.com/~berick/docs/eg_freebsd.html

HtH,
Jason Stephenson
Merrimack Valley Library Consortium