[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Release notes for 2.1.0 - stub document

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Wed Oct 5 16:27:48 EDT 2011

Hi all:

You might have noticed that the Evergreen downloads page now lists the
2.1.0 release, but we haven't announced it. A preoccupation with the
recent security releases is partially to blame, but it would be nice to
make an announcement of 2.1.0 that somewhat accurately summarizes many
of the great features and enhancements that it contains.

Towards that end, I have created a stub RELEASE_NOTES.txt document in
Asciidoc format in the Evergreen "working" git repo, under the
collab/dbs/release_notes_2_1 branch. You can see the current state of
the source document (as of the time of me writing this email) at
http://ur1.ca/5b69o and I've posted the HTML version at
http://evergreen-ils.org/documentation/release/RELEASE_NOTES_2_1_0.html

I would invite you to help expand this document with your suggestions,
either by committing your changes directly to the working branch if you
have commit privileges, or by simply sending suitable paragraphs as a
response to this thread. Let's do this!

Dan