[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] More questions :)

Snell, Cindy csnell at columbiasc.edu
Fri Oct 7 10:23:25 EDT 2011

Thank you to everyone who answer the questions about location/collections. That was a great help. Now I am having some other challenges that I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction in order to continue moving forward with getting this new system running effectively. Our OPAC is located at: https://dl-572-46.slc.westdc.net/opac/ - there is not an SSL certificate attached to the site at this time, but it is safe.

I really only have 3 titles in so far. (Teaching information literacy online, Managing online Instructor workload, & Chavela and the magic bubble). I am trying to get the correct process created before doing a migration. But for those 3 titles I am experiencing the following:

1.       The title does not appear record summary

2.       Book covers do not show up (I made sure the first of the 020 fields held the ISBN 10 #)

3.       When you click shelf browser, titles appear more than once

4.       Authority records, can I retrieve those through the z39 connection?

Thank you so much for your help.

Cynthia Snell - Emerging Technologies Librarian
Columbia College
1301 Columbia College Dr.
J Drake Edens Library
Columbia, SC 29203