[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Evergreen & Cassie from Librarica

Heidi Florenzen hflorenzen at hermiston.or.us
Tue Oct 18 19:30:00 EDT 2011

Our library is trying to integrate Cassie, our public PC management system, with Evergreen using SIP2.  Cassie rejects the SIP communication from Evergreen because it does not return a valid checksum with its response.

I received the following information from Librarica, the company that publishes Cassie:

"... from the log we immediately see the problem with your  Evergreen SIP Server.  Due to a long-standing bug, it is non-compliant with the SIP specification and sends checksums of all zeros "AZ0000" instead of the correct checksum.  This was fixed by another customer who is also apparently a developer on the OpenNCIP SIP Server (which Evergreen uses) project.  You may want to pass this link on to whomever is maintaining your system:

http://git.mvlcstaff.org/?p=jason/SIPServer.git;a=commitdiff;h=038f292f0b1ad251503222d8c7b13bd5e1fae6e0 "

This information was forwarded to our contracted support vendor.  They responded that the information contained in the link above only pertained to printed checksums.

Has anyone successfully paired Cassie with Evergreen?  (We're currently running Evergreen version 2.1)   If so can you please share details?  We've been without integration for 10 months.

Thanks.

Heidi Florenzen <hflorenzen at hermiston.or.us>
Reference & Internet Librarian
Hermiston Public Library <http://www.hermistonlibrary.us>
235 E Gladys Avenue
Hermiston, OR 97838
(541) 567-2882 fax (541) 667-5055
"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!"