[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Trying to do Overdues.

Ben Shum bshum at biblio.org
Wed Oct 26 10:50:35 EDT 2011

Hi Jonathan,

For point 1, I'm not sure how to set it up to exclude certain groups
either.  Though now that you mention it, that would be worth learning
more about...

For point 2:

On our system, we have crontab entries that handle all the
action/trigger running.  Our entries look something like this (seems
similar enough to yours):

# Nightly action/trigger passive hook event generator
0 3 * * * cd /openils/bin && /usr/bin/perl ./action_trigger_runner.pl
--osrf-config /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml --process-hooks > /dev/null

# Run pending A/T events.
0,15,30,45 * * * * cd /openils/bin && /usr/bin/perl
./action_trigger_runner.pl --osrf-config /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml
--run-pending > /dev/null

 From what I understand, the call for --process-hooks generates the
notice contents, etc. and this is set to run once nightly.  Then the
--run-pending one runs every 15 minutes to send out those notices and
other on-demand action trigger events.  The --hooks option that you
mention is used if you split up the various --process-hooks into
multiple jobs (if you end up running alot of notices at the same time
and they're taking too long).

Might be something we'd have to ask in the DEV list for more details
from other sys-admins/developers.

-- Ben