[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Truncating fields in reports

John Morris jmorris at beau.org
Wed Oct 26 20:17:41 EDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-10-26 at 18:46 -0500, John Morris wrote:

> I currently truncate long fields like title or author on reports so that
> it can fit in a nice tabular format.  Can't find a way to do that with
> the generator.

Replying to myself is bad form but I totally forgot to mention that I
already found substring and tried that.  All that does is cause the
sucker to go Kaboom!   Switch one from Raw Data to Subtring, save the
template and then try to make a report.  Insane display, old data shows
through, the options to pick folders to save the report and output are
empty, etc.  You can enable PARAMS in the create template view and
Substring appears to be the only thing that is non-zero.  Is this a part
of the UI still under construction and it should be asking for a pair
(pos,len)? of parameters when using it?