[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Getting network failure errors when saving large MARC files (EG master, post 2.1)

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Fri Oct 28 16:30:08 EDT 2011

Hi,

On 10/28/2011 03:53 PM, Yamil Suarez wrote:
> Thanks for your response, regretfully so far it appears that patch did
> not work for us. For the record, we put the patch in
> "/usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/OpenSRF/Server.pm". In addition I wanted
> to mention that the test servers are all VirtualBox VMs, since that
> could somehow be a reason for the error.

Yes, we found more wrinkles in the problem as well.  Bill's wrapping up
work on another patch which should be available for testing shortly.
I"ll email again when it's ready.

> We tried the patch on our test server VM based on master with
> max_stanza_size values between 2 and 5. We also tried it on our test
> server VM based on the official 2.1 release, with max_stanza_size values
> between 2 and 5.

Do mean between 2 and 5, or between 2000000 and 5000000?  To clarify,
Bill's original patch and followup patches try to solve a problem that
occurs after the XMPP message is sent to the OpenSRF listener, so when
you test, please make sure that the ejabberd max_stanza_size set to the
recommended value of 2000000?

Regards,

Galen
--