[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Library Settings-Patron barcode format

Thomas Berezansky tsbere at mvlc.org
Fri Sep 2 10:21:27 EDT 2011

For the most part that setting is applied to the OPAC to determine if
a login attempt is via a username or a barcode.

Anything that matches that format is a barcode. Anything that doesn't
is a username.

I know of nothing in evergreen that currently tries to validate patron
barcodes at all at registration, or that tries to validate item
barcodes beyond "strict" mode in some interfaces that does checksum
calcs.

Thomas Berezansky
Merrimack Valley Library Consortium