[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] community support policy for Evergreen releases?

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Fri Sep 23 15:32:48 EDT 2011

During the Community meeting in IRC today, I asked "if we really want
to push out 2.2 quickly, might we extend support for whatever version
would be falling off the support truck?  or is that a bad idea?"

According to the last policy we came up with, 1.6 would be deprecated
as soon as 2.1 hits, and 2.0 will be deprecated as soon as 2.2 hits.
There were musings about time-based support periods and Long Term
Support releases, and it was decided we'd talk about such things on
list.

So.  Discuss. :)

--
Jason Etheridge