[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Why won't these bibs overlay?

Mary Llewellyn mllewell at biblio.org
Fri Sep 30 13:50:25 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I hope someone can shed some light on what I'm missing.

I have a group of bib records, all with OCLC numbers in the TCN. They were
brief Level 3 records that have been upgraded on OCLC.

I want to load the newer records and overlay the ones in our catalog.

I've tried checking "Auto Merge/Overlay Exact Matches". They match but won't
overlay.
I've tried checking "Auto Merge/Overlay When Exactly 1 Match is Found."
Again, matches found but no overlay.

I've tried checking the matches as Overlay targets, then loading again from
the queue. No overlay with either "Auto Merge/Overlay" selection.

All I want is for a file of records to match on the TCN/OCLC number and
replace without my having to target anything. Can Evergreen do this? If so,
what am I missing to make it happen?

Help!

Mary

Mary Llewellyn