[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Possible Password Stealing Virus on Google's Chrome Website?

Sharp, Chris csharp at georgialibraries.org
Fri Sep 30 12:59:18 EDT 2011

Hi Gary,

----- Original Message -----

Welcome!

> I was setting up a public use windows XP laptop for access to our
> Evergreen Opac server (http:<system_name>.nccardinal.org) and was
> installing the Google Chrome Add-In for IE8 when our Enterprise AV
> (Msft ForeFront) alerted to and removed a password stealing bot
> (PWS:Win32/ZBot).

You might want to check here: http://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/Threat/Encyclopedia/Entry.aspx?Name=PWS:Win32/Zbot

"On September 30th, 2011, an incorrect detection for PWS:Win32/Zbot was identified. On September 30th, 2011, Microsoft released an update that addresses the issue. Signature versions 1.113.672.0  and higher include this update."

So it might be a false positive.

Hope that helps!

Chris

--