[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Evergreen in Finland

melanie at farmington.lib.me.us melanie at farmington.lib.me.us
Wed Apr 18 15:32:06 EDT 2012

Hi Evergreen List~

Our library doesn't collect music/music scores, etc. This morning I
got the following message and I thought I would pass it on to the
list. Hopefully some of you may have templates that might be a better
fit.

Thanks, Melanie (Farmington PL, Maine)

Dear Librarian,

I am working at Joensuu Regional Library in Finland
http://www.jns.fi/Resource.phx/sivut/sivut-kirjasto/english/index.htx
and we are interested in using Evergreen as our new library system. I
found a lots of information by Google, for example "Cataloging with
Balsam Libraries' Evergreen". On page 13 there is a list of cataloging
templates and I wonder if it is possible to get some your templates as
an example? The most interesting of those templates are
OWA_computer_file, OWA_maps, OWA_Music_scores, OWA_Sound_recordings
and OWA_Videorecording_DVD. If you cannot send me those templates,
could you please send my message to someone who is capable to do that?

In Joensuu we are using now a Finnish library system called PallasPro,
which has Finmarc-format as a cataloging format. In Finland we have to
move to Marc21-format in near future and we are not satisfied with the
Finnish library system Aurora, which is using Marc2, so we are looking
for other solutions. There are translators translating Evergreen into
Finnish at the moment and we are working to figure out what other
things we have to do, if we want to use Evergreen as our library system.

I hope you have time to answer my message or send it to someone else,
who may answer.

My best regards

Päivi Knuutinen
kirjastovirkailija / library assistant
Joensuun seutukirjasto / Outokummun kirjasto
+358 50 441 2247
paivi.knuutinen at jns.fi