[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] portable barcode scanners for inventory

Gordana Vitez gvitez at niagaracollege.ca
Thu Aug 2 15:14:28 EDT 2012

Hi there,

We are planning to do an inventory and are in the process of considering a few options. If at all possible, we would like to use the portable barcode scanners that the library already owns. Our problem is with the scanners themselves, Falcon PT40, and we are wondering if anyone might know how to configure the scanner to dump the barcodes in a text file. Right now, when we scan a barcode, it comes with extra characters and the barcodes are in one continuous line in the file.

Thanks!
Gordana

Gordana Vitez
Library Services & Systems Coordinator