[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Demo Servers and Amazon Web Services images

Lori Bowen Ayre lori.ayre at galecia.com
Tue Aug 7 11:10:00 EDT 2012

Hi All,

As part of of the KCLS IMLS grant project, Brian Feifarek of The Galecia
Group has been maintaining two live demo servers as well as several virtual
images that we kept up on the Amazon cloud.  Because funding ends for that
grant in October, I wanted to see whether we needed to find a way to keep
these services available to the community.

I'd like to hear from anyone who has used either of the demo servers we've
been supporting or any of the images that are kept on Amazon Web Services
EC2.  If these are perceived as really useful and awesome, I'm sure we can
find a way to keep them.

Info about the demo services and virtual server images can be found here:
http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=community_servers

Just let me know your thoughts (especially if you've used any of these
things!).

Lori

Lori Bowen Ayre //
Library Technology Consultant / The Galecia Group
Oversight Board & Communications Committee / Evergreen
(707) 763-6869 // Lori.Ayre at galecia.com
Availability:  http://tungle.me/lori.ayre

<Lori.Ayre at galecia.com>Specializing in open source ILS solutions, RFID,
filtering,
workflow optimization, and materials handling