[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Evergreen cataloging with OCLC Connexion client

Hardy, Elaine ehardy at georgialibraries.org
Thu Aug 9 08:44:47 EDT 2012

Hi Trisha,

IN order to prevent duplicate records, PINES policy is to bring OCLC
records in individually through the Z39.50 gateway. Our database is made
up of records from all of our member libraries, not all of whom used OCLC
prior to being in PINES. As a result, we have many records without OCLC
based title control numbers. We recently completed a cleanup project that,
in addition to de-duping the database, also overlaid records with current
OCLC records, so we have far fewer of those than we did. As we explore
using the acquisitions interface and as we continue cleaning up our data,
we will also explore batchloading.

Elaine

  _____

J. Elaine Hardy
PINES Bibliographic Projects & Metadata Manager
Georgia Public Library Service
1800 Century Place, Ste 150
Atlanta, Ga. 30345-4304

404.235-7128