[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Printing in Evergreen

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Tue Aug 7 18:39:24 EDT 2012

On Tue, Aug 07, 2012 at 03:34:10PM -0700, Christine Campbell wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 3:27 PM, Dan Scott <dan at coffeecode.net> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Aug 07, 2012 at 02:40:20PM -0700, Christine Campbell wrote:
> > > Hi Everyone,
> > >
> > > I should have also specified that I'm looking for information about spine
> > > label printing in particular.
> >
> > So, to reiterate, yes we are printing _spine_ labels successfully on Dymo
> > 450's (and 330's) with the stock Evergreen software, and have been since
> > we migrated to Evergreen in 2009.
> >
> > I can also state that we have the ability to modify the font family,
> > font weight, font size, etc, through the Library Settings Editor, with a
> > small caveat that it seems as though a setting at the Consortial context
> > currently overrides any settings at child systems or branches (which is
> > counter to how it is supposed to work, so quite possibly a bug there).
> >
> > We are running on the 2.3 release branch of Evergreen as of Sunday,
> > although prior to that we were running on the 2.1 branch, and the same
> > functionality was present there.
> >

> Thanks so much, Dan. Your experiences seem likely to save the rest of us a
> lot of experimenting.

No problem, Christine. I should also note in reply to one of your other
messages that we were originally on something close to 1.6 (before 1.6
was actually released), so I can confirm that the Dymos worked there,
too. I believe that the library settings for font family, size, etc were
introduced in the 2.0 release, so hopefully you'll find them there.