[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Floating Collections

Tim Spindler tspindler at cwmars.org
Wed Aug 8 09:00:49 EDT 2012

We are a multisystem consortium and we have one system that is looking at
using floating collections.  They were doing a little testing and found.

   1. Toggled a copy to floating collection
   2. Checked the item out at branch 1 and the copy had circ library as
   branch 1
   3. Returned the item to branch 2 and it set the item to a circ library
   as branch 2  (which is what they wanted)

However, they also found that when the item was returned to a library
outside of their system, the circ library was changed to that library
outside of their system.

Is there a way to prevent this from happening and only allow it to change
within the system?  I didn't think this was possible but I want to make
sure before I answer the question.

--

Tim Spindler

Manager of Library Applications

tspindler at cwmars.org

508-755-3323 x20

C/W MARS, Inc.

67 Millbrook St, Suite 201

Worcester, MA 01606
http://www.cwmars.org

*P**   Go Green - **Save a tree! Please don't print this e-mail unless it's
really necessary.*